This FAQ will answer question you may have about DragonSaga. Please select a FAQ Subject
Category and then click on the question to see the answer.
- Question: I've copied the client from my friend how do i start the game?open
Answer: Follow the steps listed below on getting the client to work.
1) Run the Launcher.exe from the Launcher folder for the first time
2) Reactor will automatically download a new update
3) Users will be prompt to download a new client which is NORMAL
4 ) Restart the launcher (close and open again)
5) The launcher should display correctly now
6) Login and play!
- Manual Patch Instructionopen
- 1) Download the manual patch from this link:Client version: 0.0.8 ~ 0.1.7http://dsdown.gsquare.com/pub/dragonsaga/patch/manual/ManualPatch_0.0.8-0.1.7.exeClient version: 0.0.11 ~ 0.1.7http://dsdown.gsquare.com/pub/dragonsaga/patch/manual/ManualPatch_0.0.11-0.1.7_1.exeOnce the download is complete, double-click the desktop icon2) Go to My Computer and select C: Drive(the location where you install your client)3) Select "GSquare --> DragonSaga_CBT4) There will be a pop up saying "Patch Version 0.0.11 -> 0.1.7" If you have the CBT client. Click Ok to proceed.5) The Manual patch will start patching your client.6) Once the patching is done, a "Patch Completed" pops up. Click Ok to proceed. Wait for OBT (11th) to start the game.7) On the 11th, after 1pm (GMT+8), you can click on your DragonSaga Launcher on your desktop (the same one as CBT) to start the game,or you can login and click on 'Play Now' at dragonsaga.gsquare.com
- Question: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Erroropen
Answer: Install the following 2 packages depending on 32-bit users or 64-bit users. Make sure your Windows is updated to the latest service pack.
1. Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package
http://www.microsoft.com/en-sg/download/details.aspx?id=3387 (32-bits Users only)
http://www.microsoft.com/en-sg/download/details.aspx?id=21254 (64-bits Users only)
2. Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package
http://www.microsoft.com/en-sg/download/details.aspx?id=5638 (32-bits Users only)
http://www.microsoft.com/en-sg/download/details.aspx?id=18471 (64-bits Users only)
3. Restart the PC and after booting up, to run the game launcher again.
**Please make sure that your Windows is updated to the latest service pack.
For more information on your PC operating system, please refer to Microsoft Support.
Latest service pack
- Question:Help! I'm facing a blank screen after I logged inopen
Answer: If you are having a blank screen as shown below, simply follow the instructions to resolve this issue.
Simply go to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp\purple and delete everything inside the folder and try again.
- Question: What is error 3013 and how do I go about resolving it?open
Answer: Error 3013 occurs when the patcher is unable to connect to the patch server due to a couple of reasons such as:
- Firewall is preventing the patcher from accessing the patch server
- There is an instance of the patcher already running
- Internet / Network connection preventing the patcher from accessing the patch server
There are a couple of resolution for this issue which are as follows:
- Check that your PC firewall is not blocking the patcher.
- Ensure that the client is installed in the C: drive default folder
- Open the Task Manager by pressing "CTRL + ALT + DEL" and manually end the "patcher.exe" process that's running
- Go to your browser browsing history and clear the cache and cookies.
- Question: Help! How do I log out after I log in to the client using Facebook?open
Answer: You will have to log in to your Facebook using Internet Explorer then log out of your Facebook in order to log out from the client.
- Question: Why am I having trouble viewing the website on my browser?open
Answer: Currently, the website is best viewed using Chrome and Internet Explorer.
- Question: Can I play the game on Mac?open
Answer: Currently the game is not supported on Mac.
- How to install the game clientopen
Download the CBT full client from the website. Visit http://dragonsaga.gsquare.com/dragon_download
Download the CBT full client to your PC.
Extract the files from DragonSaga_CBT_Installer.zip to a folder and double click on DragonSaga_Installer_0.0.8
DragonSaga CBT Setup Wizard will run. Click "next" to continue
Select your preferred installation location for the game.
Create a desktop icon
Click on Install
Wait until the installation finishes.
- How can I play the game?open
There are 2 ways for you to play DragonSaga.
Go to http:/dragonsaga.gsquare.com and click on the "Log in" button.
You may select "Log in using your Facebook or G Square account".
Fill in the box that appears with your E-mail address and click "Log in".
After you've logged in, click on the "Play Now" button.
The DragonSaga Game Launcher will appear and you may start playing the game.
Go to your desktop and double click on the DragonSaga icon.
The DragonSaga Game Launcher will appear. Enter your G Square or Facebook Email and password and you may start playing the game!
- Question: What is a CBT (Closed Beta Test)?open
Answer: CBT means Closed Beta Testing and only DragonSaga users that registered can be part of the CBT phase. DragonSaga is currently a work in development, and will have to be tested for bugs and glitches, as well as imbalances in game-play. This will ensure the game runs smoothly and enjoyable during the Open Beta and Commercial Release phases.
- Question: When does the CBT take place?open
Answer: DragonSaga CBT will be start from 26th December, 1200hrs (GMT+8) to 2nd of January 2012, 1200hrs (GMT+8)
- Question: How can I sign up for CBT?open
Answer : Follow the few simple steps below to sign up for CBT,
- Go to http://dragonsaga.gsquare.com and click on the "Sign up" button
- Fill in the box that appears with your E-mail address
- Tick the agreement for the EULA and Data Use Policy and click on the "Create Your Account" button
- A verification E-mail will be sent to the E-mail you used to sign up
- Please take note that the verification E-mail will only last for 30 minutes.
- Click on the "Click to verify" button in the verification E-mail to verify your E-mail address
- Fill in the required fields and click on the "Complete Registration" button
- Your account will be created and you can click on the "Download Dragonsaga" button to download the game client.
- Go to http://dragonsaga.gsquare.com and click on the "Sign up" button
- Question: I would like to change my account IDopen
Answer: Please take note that you won’t be able to change your account ID as it is linked to the email that was used when creating your G Square account.
It is recommended that you use your personal email when creating your G Square account.
- Question: How can i modify my account information?open
Answer: Click on dropdown button and select the “My Profile” button on the top right of the DragonSaga website at dragonsaga.gsquare.com and you will be able to view and modify your personal information.
- Question: Can I transfer my account to another person?open
Answer: Please take note that it is recommended that you are using your own account at all times.We will not be responsible for the loss of items / characters or personal information within the account as well as any action taken against the account for involvement in any fraudulent activities as a result of the account being transferred to a third party.
- Question: Where do I go if I want to find out more information on DragonSaga and its character class information?open
Answer: Please refer to the Guide section in our website at dragonsaga.gsquare.com
- Question: Where can I download the CBT client from?open
Answer: You may download the CBT game client HERE
- Question: Can CBT characters and items be carried over to OBT and Commercial Release?open
Answer: No, characters and items created during CBT will not be retained for OBT and beyond.
- Question: Where can I go to report any game bugs and/or computer problems experienced during the test?open
Answer: There will not be any game service provided during the CBT phase. You may list the technical issues in the Game Support section of the Official Forum at http://dragonsaga.gsquare.com/dragon_forum